The prior achievement of the internet has largely been reliant on technology and how it has evolved over the years- getting faster and more secure as enterprises continue to grow with analytics and innovation. Big Data is one of these major breakthroughs, serving huge functions at modern organizations. Concepts like data driven machine learning and the ability to store huge amounts of information to gain context from has been hugely beneficial towards the strategic aspects of running international businesses. Organizations have been making huge changes to the structure of their own infrastructure and workplace processes, to accommodate the latest data science systems into their functioning. But, as the industry expands, traditional educational foundations may not cut it and a dynamic approach toward professional development is recommended. To that end, certification programs are ideal for professionals in the industry who seek to hone their skillsets in particular ways depending on their strengths and weaknesses. There are several available internationally but employers look for the most internationally acclaimed programs to hold candidates in good stead, and go a long way in identifying potential talent amongst the prospective workers. Here are important certification programs for those seeking a comprehensive big data education-
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)- It is designed to provide the candidate a comprehensive understanding of data analytics ranging from framing business, acquiring data and analysis problems, model building and lifecycle management, etc. It is a global standard, recognized around the globe for its standards of excellence. It is a certification that requires renewal every three years in order to remain valid, and a $100 maintenance fee from the fourth year.
- EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMC)- Designed for those who engage in Big Data for important projects. It is an online course, with end-to-end video communication between lecturer and students, allowing a completely remote and digital experience, with lectures coming in the form of audio or video.
- Data Science Council of America (Dasca)- The Data Science Council of America specializes in designing platform-independent Data Science knowledge frameworks, standards, and certifications for the purpose of developing high-quality professionals who seek to operate within the emerging spectrum of the data science roles across every industry, and to address squarely the challenging expectations of Big Data stakeholders internationally. Their SBDA program is one of the most comprehensive in the world, aimed at experienced professionals who are willing to go the extra mile and take the next step in developing their career.
- HP Vertica Certification- Lasting around six months in duration, it is a highly integrated course aimed at providing instruction on a number of topics in data science. The candidate must have prior foundation before undertaking the program as well as knowledge of the RDBMS. The main exam is a multiple choice question paper that lasts one and a half hours.
- Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist (CCP:DS)- This program has consistently shone across international markets as one of the most popular courses in the realm of data science. It is an intensive program lasting a duration of 18 weeks, consisting of ten subjects with lectures, research and video presentations for attempting to hone the skills they have acquired in Hadoop and R. It is regarded as a professional engineering certification, and it is valid in almost every country around the world.
- Graduate Certificate- This is for those individuals who wish to become software engineers, and this prestigious program is offered by Stanford University. It is a four-course program consisting of analytics professionals, market researchers and predictive modelers, all of whom seek mastery over big data analytics. This is one of the longest courses available, typically lasting one to two years in duration.