Guest blog post by Kirk Borne
The flood of articles, webinars, and conferences related to Big Data is generating its own "infoglut". Consequently, it is really helpful when you find resources that summarize many of the latest developments in one place -- a sort of "Cliff Notes" for Big Data. Here are six meta-resources that I have found useful, plus one additional collection that I authored:
- 9 Amazing Ways Big Data Is Used Today to Change the World
- Personal Data: The Emergence of a New Asset Class
- Big Data Best Practices
- 25 Data Stories from GNIP
- Big Data, Bigger Opportunities
- Everything you need for Big Data Projects
- Big Data A to Z – The Annotated Glossary of my Favorite Data Science Things
The first 4 of those are described in more detail at: http://www.mapr.com/blog/big-data-and-hadoop-competitive-advantage-%E2%80%93-5-sources-insights-and-opportunities
There is also a live opportunity to learn more from your peers in the corporate world who are actively pursuing big data analytics projects. See the write-up about the upcoming Useful Business Analytics Summit at http://bit.ly/1rQ5HOP.
There are certainly other meta-resources that provide excellent summaries and highlights from the Big Data universe. Please post some of your favorites in the Comments below.